Saturday, November 23, 2013

Beauty and the Knight ± Chapter 18

Every arab girl wishes to have that fairytale proposal not just any typical arab proposal mother of the groom shows up and chooses the girl for him.. oh well you know the rest. I got my fairytale proposal in disneyland, i just feel the luckiest girl on earth right now. He held my hand and said " Forever is all i want " I looked at him with tears in my eyes shaking not knowing what to say.. The first thing that came to my mind was " Does my parents know about this proposal " i thought to myself never in a million years would they know about a thing like this. But my mom left me here in France with him, so i looked at Khalid in the eye and said " Do my parents know about us ? " he looked at me with a smile and said..

They do know i want you.
They do know i want to marry you 
They will be talking to you soon about us getting married 
And yes they do know 
I just want to know the answer

I looked at him confused, happy, filled with tears, i just don't know how to feel right know i looked at him smiled and said " Yes "

With everyone cheering, and congratulating us felt like i was in one of those typical "Love" movies. It all passed by so quick and just like a dream. Is this finally it Khalid and I are officially engaged? Well not officially but WE ARE ENGAGED! I was filled with joy and happiness after we left the park and went to the hotel we started planning our honeymoon, family, naming our children we were just so happy.

Me: How did you even plan all of that!!
Khalid: I have my people
Me: *laughs* So my parents..
Khalid: Well my mom spoke to your mom about us
Me: What do you mean by ?
Khalid: Like galatlha neba n56b Sheikha  for Khalid
Me: Ohh what did my parents say ?
Khalid: 6ab3an yes but they were like min nrja3  min alsifar bankalm Shaikha
Me: And what about today was it planned before you came here
Khalid: No but i know how you always loved those "western" proposals so i just had to make a dream of yours come true
Me: You just make me fall in love with you more everyday
Khalid: *laughs*

-
We woke up the next day packed our stuff and headed to the train station to leave for london
I was still shocked from yesterday's proposal, khalid and i agreed on not telling anyone about it not even our close friends.
As we reached london i felt so down for not spending the next part of the trip with Khalid. So we got in the taxi and head to the apartment, we got there and typical mom wasn't there nor was my sister well i just came to an empty apartment. Khalid haven't left my side he stayed with me in the apartment, i started unpacking my things and khalid sat in the living room watching TV.

*door closes*
(Manly voice) : Al7amdila 3al salamih! Tawha ma nawrat landan!
Khalid: Hala hala 3amee

Sh*t! i thought to myself thats my dad !

i ran out being all innocent,

Me: Baaabaatteeee
Dad: Shaikho ! weinch ilbar7h galoli sheikha mrgadh
Me: ha? mta
Dad: ilbar7h around 11 at night
Me: ohhh yaaaa! i was so tired baba so i slept

Thank god mom covered up for me; even Khalid had this confused face, so i didn't want to make things more weird around here i just went to my but you know i have to ears drop on their conversation

Dad: Khalid shu'tsawy hneee
Khaled: Wallah 3amee r7t al fndiq basawee check in galilee '3erfaty mob zahbeh fa got baay a salem 3a Khalo chft..
Dad: Shu tasken f'fndq yemeeee3 el '3raf 3dna
Khaled: 3ami mashkoor bas
Dad: mashay inteh eb 7isbat wldy
Khaled: la wallah 3ami matga9r bas ma baya5thoon ra7at'hom el banat
Dad: la7'6a SHAIKHA!
Me: Na3am babaaa
Dad: ta3alee

i went pretending to be clueless on what is going on; dad had this look on his face with an eyebrow raised

Dad: Shaikha yilsee 7abeebty aba akalmch fi maw'6oo3
Khaled: Ana batra5a9 3amee
Dad: Lala tim yals esma3 el rad mnha
Me: *confused* shoo mstwy baba
Dad: Shaikha 7abeebtee Khaled mtqadmlch; ma7ad bay'39bch ma7ad baygoolch shoo tsaween its all in your hands, take your time wistkheery and let me and khaled know
Me: *tearing* baba
Khaled: 3ami ana batwakal yta9loli mn el fndq
Dad: Khaled 7alef 3alaik matskn f'fndq
Khaled: 3amee...
Dad: Shaikha abach tet3arefain 3ala khaled akthar; fa ana gltlh yaskn 3dna, 3ashan t3arfoon a6ba3kom keif 3aysheen weya ba3a'6.

Dad started talking even more and just that coming from him made me feel like crying so much i looked at khaled he had this blank look dad was talking and he was just nodding i got up left to my room and stayed there. A day before i was just so happy being engaged to Khaled, why did i tear up when dad spoke to me about it? Why am i feeling this way?


***

DEAR ALL

sorry for not writing for such a long time. During the summer i got diagnosed by stage 2 breast cancer. I have started my chemotherapy in the month of August. I really do apologise for being a really bad writer. I really do hope you enjoyed this short chapter and i will be trying soon to write more. Don't forget me in your prayers.

With love
D.O.L
(Danah O.)

9 comments:

  1. Oh my! I hope you get better soon, and I hope chemotherapy helps! You're not obliged to post frequently darling! Take your time, and you have my prayers! I hope you get well soon and keep fighting! you can do it, kick cancers butt! Xoxo

    -AGirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Danah,

    We hope you get better soon, as soon as possible, and inshallah everything goes on smoothly. If there's anything you need, please let us know we are more than happy to help. Please know that posting is not necessary at this stage. 7abeebty, walla ena nd3eelich fe kl 9alah en9aleeha, w inshallah ya rab y5ooz 3anch el shay.
    We agree with Young Writer, keep fighting!

    Lots of Love
    Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey love, I've missed you dearly <3 I'm glad you've finally posted but as Young Writer (AGirl) has said, you're not obliged to post frequently. I'd love it if you could post every once in a while telling us about your progress in a sentence or paragraph whatever makes you comfortable. YOU CAN DO IT LOVE! MAKE US PROUD AND KICK CANCER'S ASS!! Lots of love xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heyyyyy! La 3adi take your time w dont pressure yourself! Your health aham mn kl shay thani! Inshalla tt3afain mn elcancer! Allah ygwmch belsalama babyyyy!!💘💘

    ReplyDelete
  5. 7yateee <3!!! I just read alblog w 5l9t altwo stories byoumeen !!! You are perfect. W allah yshfeek w y3afeek w yrj3k a7sn mn awl yarb:(<3 remember we all love you :')<33-Lulu <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all miss you so very much </3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you please tell us that you are fine!
    I just finished reading your story and i fell inlove with it

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://lotsoflove--s.blogspot.com

    i would love if some of you read my blog and tell me what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey hun, it's me again (possibly, again again because I posted a comment and I don't know if it disappeared into the black hole that is the Internet or it's waiting for you to approve or something). Anyway, how are you doing? I hope you've been doing well. I hope you've stayed healthy and strong for all this time. I know it's been yeeears, but I've just got back into reading blogs with this pandemic and all the free time I've had. InshAllah inti b5air amidst all this craziness? I honestly don't really remember reading your blog very well but I saw your comment on this post and I had to ask. 6amneeni 3alaich ❤️ InshAllah inti bkil 9e7a w salamah al7een. I hope life's been treating you well, like you deserve. If you ever happen to see this somehow, pleeeease reply and InshAllah I'll get a notification or something about your reply - I'll also keep checking back. Alas, I shall leave you be with my essay-length comment.

    Lots and lots and lots of love,
    N.

    ReplyDelete